I think dating is a universal thing and although this survey was aimed at our English friends across the pond, I still find the findings wrong. According to the Daily Mail, women wouldn’t date athletic chiseled men because it would make them feel insecure about themselves. There may be some women who feel that way, but I don’t believe the percentage found is accurate (75%), unless of course the tested pool was 5 women.
Key Points in the original article:
- Three in four British women would choose a man with love handles over one sporting a six-pack.
- That’s 23 million of us who find muscular men a turn off; 96% predict a date with an abs-obsessed bloke to be positively dreary… But when it comes to real life, we don’t want chiseled perfection in our bed.
- The question is: why on earth not?
- Why don’t women want some hot, buff, perfect-bodied man lying beside us?
- The sad answer is this: we’re worried we won’t shape up.
- Seventy-four percent of women in the survey said they’d feel self-conscious taking their clothes off in front of a perfectly toned man.
- A he-man’s discipline highlights our lack of it, making us feel even more acutely self-conscious of our own body flaws than usual.”
First, let’s go on the record and say there isn’t anything wrong with a heavy set man. I, for one, am a personality chick. I’ve dated athletic build guys and heavy set guys. I don’t gravitate to one just because I feel like a heavy set man is more likely to accept my rolls, belly and cankles more than a man who works out. If the man loves the curvy, fat, plus size woman then he appreciates every bit of her regardless of what size she is.
The survey says that we [women in general] are self-conscious about taking our clothes off, but that’s not a fit man vs fat man issue. That’s a new man vs a man I’ve dated awhile issue. I’ve been there, done that, wondering if he’ll still find me cute and sexy once the clothes come off, wanting to get intimate only in the dark, I’ve been there, but it wasn’t because of how he looked. One thing was sure he, be it, fit or not, was there because he wanted me. And as sure as a man is a man, he could change his mind, regardless of his bulging belly or bulging biceps.
So let’s play devil’s advocate, if you are only picking plus guys I would say expand your horizons, there are plenty of slender and athletic guys that prefer all types of women including plus women, not because they think we are easy (the famed chubby chaser mindset) but because they are seriously attracted to a specific type of woman. In this day and age it’s about finding someone you can connect with and we need to remove the limitation. We get upset when guys say they only date plus women because we have low self-esteem so why would the opposite be acceptable?
What do you think of the survey and its findings? Do you have a preference?
You might also like
More from Living
Lane Bryant's Inspired to Give campaign embodies the brand's charitable mission to empower, encourage and support women and children Earlier this …
Get Something Sweet For Him Or Her This Valentine's DayJewelry designer Wendy Mignot knows a thing or two about gift …