Beauty

Let’s Hear It For The Boys: Real Men Take On Male Models By Recreating Underwear Ads

Real Men Take On Male Models In Underwear Ads

Real Men Take On Male Models In Underwear

Real Men Take On Male Models In Underwear

With so much talk about women loving themselves and the fashion industry including plus size men, it seems like men often get overlooked. Years ago, we posted this story about plus size male models, but unless it’s a topic being discussed in large numbers, it tends to fall under the radar.

In the project, “Real Men vs. Underwear Models,” The Sun compared real men posing in similar settings to see if the real men would be just as appealing as the male models.

Take a look and tell us which looks you prefer.

John Doe vs. David Beckham for H&M

John Doe vs. David Beckham for H&M

John Doe vs. David Beckham for H&M

John Doe vs. David Gandy for Dolce & Gabbana

John Doe vs. David Gandy for Dolce & Gabbana

John Doe vs. David Gandy for Dolce & Gabbana

John Doe vs. Freddie Ljungberg for Calvin Klein

John Doe vs. Freddie Ljungberg for Calvin Klein

John Doe vs. Freddie Ljungberg for Calvin Klein

John Doe vs. Cristiano Ronaldo for Armani

John Doe vs. Cristiano Ronaldo for Armani

John Doe vs. Cristiano Ronaldo for Armani

So what do you think? Do you prefer the “Real Men” over the “Male Models?

19 Comments

1. Pete

October 15, 2013 at 12:33 pm

As a male executive from an underwear brand, do you girls find either actually attractive? Do you dare to take this a look and find out if pouches are more attractive? http://www.ergowear.com/max-mesh-boxer-white/

2. Isaul

October 15, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Seriously? Is that all CK can offer? I think I look better in ergowear.

3. Stefanie Cummins

December 29, 2013 at 4:51 am

Wow this is really refreshing to see! Its true that we rage more about plus size women and neglect our men. Id prefer to see real men advertising underwear like this, id prefer to see them change the preception of male modelling world and give real men a chance.

4. Catherine Wright

December 29, 2013 at 9:25 am

I enjoyed this comparison! I like the non models! The non models are everyday guys!

5. thirtiesgirl

December 29, 2013 at 10:26 am

Is it wrong of me to say I want to climb all those non-model men like a tree?

6. Editor-In-Chief, Stephanie Penn

December 29, 2013 at 10:46 am

LOL! It’s not wrong at all @thirtiesgirl

7. Editor-In-Chief, Stephanie Penn

December 29, 2013 at 10:47 am

@Catherine, It’s nice to see the comparison.

8. Editor-In-Chief, Stephanie Penn

December 29, 2013 at 10:47 am

@Stefanie, Very refreshing!

9. Dolly Monique

December 29, 2013 at 12:55 pm

The only non male model I’m digging is the CK one. The rest I’d rather see the male models.

10. Lindsey

December 29, 2013 at 1:44 pm

That big bald blond is tasty! I like all of the regular guys (and the models) – there is something beautiful about everyone and to each their own. I like the idea of promoting acceptance of and glorifying the beauty of everyday people! I like real men who don’t shave and primp but I have friends that like men waxed and styled – there is room for, and someone for everyone! Now, off to stalk blondie…

11. Kaysa S.

December 29, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Hahahaha! Climb ’em like a tree! I was thinking the same thing about a couple of them as well!

12. Editor-In-Chief, Stephanie Penn

December 29, 2013 at 7:32 pm

You all are too much. I love it!

13. Editor-In-Chief, Stephanie Penn

December 29, 2013 at 7:32 pm

There is definitely room for everyone!

14. Geenak

December 31, 2013 at 4:49 pm

I am digging on the real men …. especially the bald one. He is HOT HOT HOT … Is it wrong to wish his boxer briefs were a different color or something … just to see what it looks like down there? =)

15. WIll

December 31, 2013 at 5:11 pm

as a dude I think the guys on the left are much more marketable than the models. Every time I buy underwear or shirts I want to tell the hanes guys to F off. I prefer Lane Bryant models too. I think it’s easy to look sexy when you’re what’s in demand. To look sexy when you’re the punchline? Rockin that shit takes talent, ten times out of ten. And THAT is sexy.

16. A

May 13, 2014 at 2:53 pm

I think they’re all pretty attractive. The only one I didn’t dig on was the normal guy in the last set, but I’m pretty sure that’s because he was slouching .

17. Rebecca

May 13, 2014 at 6:25 pm

I don’t know if this is a fair comparison. I’m drawn more to the models, but that’s because either they have ink, or no chest hair compared to the others. I’m automatically drawn to guys with ink so show me a comparison like that and I’d bet you’d get a different response. For now, it’s the models.

18. Jewels

October 11, 2014 at 4:22 pm

There is a market for all types of men. Get ready and make some room…

19. Kathryn

February 12, 2015 at 4:42 pm

I much prefer regular guys to the airbrushed models. I also prefer boxer-briefs to any other form of underwear… And hey Will (the comment from December 2013…) if you read this… Are you single?? ;-). Just askin…