Earlier this year, plus size apparel brand Just My Size (JMS) surveyed over 7,000 women about fashion, style, confidence and more. During Full Figured Fashion Week®, JMS shared the results of the survey with us and we couldn’t be happier with their findings.
The survey revealed a growing level of self-confidence and style savvy among plus-size women.
“We love hearing plus-size women confirm and celebrate their confidence,” said Crystal Stowe, JMS/Just My Size marketing. “When you believe in yourself, it shows in every aspect of your life.
A key finding from the survey is a growing level of self-confidence with 61 percent of respondents agreeing with the statement, “I’m more comfortable with myself today than five years ago.” Similarly, almost one-third of respondents said they would not change anything about themselves if given the chance.
More Important Findings
- When asked if they agreed with the statement, “I’m more fashionable today than five years ago,” more than 54 percent of respondents said yes.
- When describing their personal style, respondents reflected a mix of fashion and comfort. “Comfort and style with a splash of sexy,” wrote one respondent. “Fashionable pragmatist,” wrote another. A full 80 percent of respondents said that their clothes fit who they are as a person.
- 51 percent of respondents said that they look for fashion inspiration from dedicated plus-size fashion websites and blogs.
- Sixty-seven percent of respondents said they shop more online than in stores when it comes to clothing. Respondents cited ease of purchase, more options to choose and the luxury of trying on clothes at home as some of the reasons why they prefer online shopping.
- More than 92 percent of survey respondents were size 16 or larger; the average size of respondents was 22.
Did you participate in this survey? Do you agree with the results of the survey?
You might also like
More from Fashion
Ahhh Shorts!!I have such a love-hate relationship with them. This relationship dates back to 1988. As a chubby ten-year-old, the …
We All Have That One Item That Will Never Retire..... A few years ago I purchased the most comfortable plus size maxi …
For some fashion essentials revolve around denim, a button down shirt and ballet flats. For others, basics are synonymous …