America Ferrera

Lifetime Cancels ‘Drop Dead Diva’, 5 Shows That Should Come Back

Lifetime Cancels ‘Drop Dead Diva’, 5 Shows That Should Come Back
Lifetime's Drop Dead Diva starring Brooke Eliott

Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva starring Brooke Eliott

Since day one I’ve been a fan of Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva. The series stars Brooke Elliott as Jane, a plus size lawyer whose body is inhabited by the soul of a fashion model.

Initially I wasn’t a fan but anytime there’s a plus size lead character, I’m willing to give it a shot. After watching the first episode, I tuned in every Sunday to see what trouble Jane Bingum would get into.

Unfortunately, we won’t get to see Jane work her magic in the courtroom any longer because as of January 15, 2013, Lifetime canceled Drop Dead Diva after four seasons.

This isn’t the first or the last show we’ll miss. Here are five shows that I would love to see come back on air.

After just 1 season (10 episodes) ABC Family canceled the short lived series starring Nikki Blonsky, Hayley Hasselhoff and Raven Goodwin.

Oh how much I love Ugly Betty starring America Ferrera. On April 14, 2010, Betty said good bye to us after 4 great seasons. There were talks of an Ugly Betty movie, but nothing has surfaced yet.

After 44 wonderful seasons, the citizens of Llanview, PA closed their doors to us. The soap opera made history as the first daytime drama to feature different ethnicities. OLTL is currently in the process of being revived as a 30 minute web series.

The legal drama starring Kathy Bates only lasted 2 seasons but it certainly made a lasting impression. Actually, I think I’ll go watch a few episodes right after I finish this article.

Big Sexy was a three-part reality series on TLC. The show followed five New York City based plus size women in the fashion industry. Three episodes just wasn’t enough.

Is there a show that you would like to see return to television?

1. Bob Rosenblatt

February 25, 2013 at 2:50 pm

The good shows are always cancelled while the crap is left on. I can’t believe the stupidity of these executives. Drop Dead diva was one of the shows I looked forward to every Sunday evening and now I guess I will just turn the box off or look at reruns on the internet.

2. Bob Rosenblatt

February 25, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Forgot to mention Harry’s Law also as one of the shows the executives should keep!

3. Sharon miller

February 27, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Very unhappy about Drop Dead Diva not returning. WHY?

4. dvikib

March 3, 2013 at 1:33 pm

So glad Lifetime changed its mind and is bringing back Drop Dead Diva after all.
    I still wish Harry’s Law hadn’t been canceled. I thought it was by far the best show NBC
    had to offer. I think it would have done much better on another network – any other network.

5. Syd Lee

May 20, 2013 at 4:03 pm

I think Drop Dead Diva and Harry’s Law should return
    They are great shows much better than all the STUPID Reality Shows we have on now!

6. Editor-In-Chief, Stephanie Penn

May 22, 2013 at 10:04 pm

I absolutely loved Harry’s Law. It was great! I think I’ll watch it now.