Nude Plus Size Model Walks Among Crowd During Berlin Fashion Week

Nude Plus Size Model Walks Among Crowd During Berlin Fashion Week

For years, major retailers and high end designers have denied plus size women access to equal opportunities as it relates to fashion. Since my days of shopping only at Lane Bryant and Fashion Bug, we’ve come a long way but we still have more barriers to break, noise to make and heads to turn.

Online retailer Navabi not only specializes in high end designer clothing for plus size women but apparently making noise in the plus size fashion world is one of their many specialties as well.

Thanks to Navabi, Berlin Fashion Week will never be the same.

In an effort to get the attention of designers and labels and to create a better future in the fashion world  Navabi enlisted plus size model Mariesther Venegas for their recent campaign.  This size 20 beauty was seen walking the streets during Berlin Fashion Week in the buff, a move that will keep people talking for years to come.

Additional Images are available at Navabi.de

Thoughts?

About Editor-In-Chief, Stephanie Penn

Stephanie Penn is the Editor-In-Chief of DailyVenusDiva.com. She spends her days and night finding plus size news to share with you and interacting with the DailyVenusDiva.com readers. She loves music, writing and anything with a positive vibe to it.

Comments

1. venia says

well I will say this what a brave woman, I would never have the courage to walk down the street nude being plus size. I will say it was good to see a woman my body typed, but she is brave .

2. Chyna PlusSize Life Coach says

YOU JUST GO GIRL…You are truly a BEAUTIFUL PLUSSIZE WOMAN!!!! Ans I stand and Appauled You, it took a lot of guts to do what you did and you did it…Just next time send out an email, so we can promote this world wide or maybe have some of us PlusSize Sisters join you….God Bless…

3. Emily says

This is absurd!! Why did she have to be NAKED??!! Like Coco Chanel said ” A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.” WHERE IS THE CLASS to walk nude in front of children and men in the public, she is SELLING HER NAKED BODY… for what! Strippers and prostitutes are int he same business! Is this to makes leaps and bounds in FASHION.. to get attention!!! WHAT IS THE POINT and what kind`ve attention are WOMEN getting. I will never support this brand! Have some more couth! Some of these curvy “Fativisit” are doing nothing but making people laugh and point fingers!! I have “curves” as we “Fativisit” like to blindly call them but, we know there really 30- 50 lbs extra I`m carrying about my midsection (which causes heart diseases and diabetes) and I KNOW and I`m REALISTIC! I like to dress in clothes that make me look womanly, sexy and polished!! I think more plus size retailers should realize this and yes push fashion limits but don`t make me apart of a group of women who need to show their VAGINA for attention!!! DIS–GUST–TING!!!!

4. Kandia says

Well I have to agree with Emily. Although it seems to me that she is wearing a bra and an underware, I still disagree with her having to walk in public in such a manner. God created women as beautiful creatures, however, we as women should be focus on turning hearts instead of turning heads. Her inner beauty is what should have been protrayed not her external, especially in such a manner which is with no itegrity or modesty.

5. natasha says

I think she looks beautiful and why should she NOT walk naked through the streets? So what if ‘men and children’ see her!! Surely children realise that people are naked underneath their clothes??? She looks great and yes I also think it looks like she is wearing some kind of underwear! As for ‘showing her VAGINA’ like the above comment suggests well sorry yes if she was lying with her legs spread wide open I would think that was most distasteful but she is NOT!! And do you really think that people are going to point and laugh any more at a gorgeous meaty lady than they are at a size zero model with her ribs poking out? such a shame that these lovely pictures should create such a nasty negative comment as above and as for ‘fativists’ well so what?? Thin people die from heart disease and diabetes too!!! What about the millions who smoke or drink to excess or take slimming pills etc or worse hard drugs??? I’m now going to take off all my clothes and spend the rest of the day in my lovely squashy size UK26 body!

6. says

Sorry I stumbled upon this story late . . . I have to say I am shocked by this woman and Navabi being slammed.

The whole: “I haven’t a thing to wear . . . ” cliche is usually used to make fun of women but when I plus size woman says it it is often true!

If you are plus sized you have 2 choices wear cheap crappy polyester or shell out a couple of grand for a Rinaldi suit or several hundred dollars for Lafayette 148.

I think this was a GREAT marketing ploy.

Trackbacks