Beautifying the outside of your home will increase its value and impress your neighbors. Turning your house from an eyesore into the talk of the neighborhood can be achieved in a few basic steps, not all of them expensive. Here are 11 simple steps to beautify the outside of your home.
1. A fresh coat of paint, or even installing siding, will make your home seem clean and fresh. Many home improvement stores can instruct you on how to paint your own house correctly if your budget doesn’t have room for professional painters.
2. Repairing your garage door is another way to beautify the outside of your home. Installing new windows in your garage door and adding a fresh coat of paint will give the illusion of a complete garage door replacement for a fraction of the cost.
3. Installing new gutters will beautify your home. Modern gutters come in a variety of colors that will better blend into your house. Having an updated gutter system will allow for better control of rainwater, a major source of home damage.
4. Building a porch or a patio can add value to your home. This project can be completed in a single weekend, and the supplies are relatively cheap. Your local home improvement store should have common plans available and many offer free classes on how to construct the porch or patio to fit your needs.
5. Giving your front door a new coat of paint is a quick way to change your home’s outward appearance. Adding season-appropriate wreathes or welcome signs will give a changing accent to your door to keep its appearance fresh year-round.
6. Adding flowerbeds is an easy way to increase the beauty outside your home. Landscaping timbers are inexpensive and provide a natural flowerbed edge. Plants and mulch are easy to select and will provide bright additions to your home’s exterior.
7. Maintaining your existing flowerbeds and shrubs is an easy way to beautify your home. Nothing draws away from your home faster than out of control shrubs or a flowerbed overwhelmed with weeds.
8. A line of flowerpots along the edge of your porch, above the flowerbeds, will create a layered effect of color for your home. The flowerpots can become part of the decoration as well by obtaining pots in a pleasing color scheme.
9. Updated porch furniture will help beautify the outside of your home. A coat of paint designed for furniture will renew old pieces, and allow the furniture itself to become part of the decoration.
10. Mixing outdoor lighting along your walks or flowerbeds will add value to your home. Solar powered lights need no wiring to produce an inviting glow, and are available for reasonable prices at many home improvement stores.
11. Hanging decorations will help beautify your home. Wind chimes, bird feeders, and birdhouses come in a variety of colors and materials. A mix of these will make the outside of your house feel alive and inviting.
One sure way to beautify your home is by installing replacement windows. If you’re in the Atlanta, GA area give Taylor construction a call.
More from Home and Garden
It Really Is The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!! If you searched the phrase, "When to put up your Christmas …
Holiday Decorations: Feng Shui Your Thanksgiving Celebration This Thanksgiving, use Feng Shui to ensure a warm, happy and positive environment for …