You Be The Stylist: Which Igigi Dress Should I Wear?

You Be The Stylist: Which Igigi Dress Should I Wear?

What a difference a year makes……..

Just last year the only dresses you would see me in were long and flowing. All I purchased were maxi dresses; black, multi colored and pastel maxi dresses. Now I’m in love with knee length dresses. It’s not that I’ve officially divorced maxi dresses, I’m just partial to shorter dresses and rightfully so, I am only 5’3″ and some maxi dresses have a tendency of swallowing me whole.

On Friday (in two days) I have a birthday party to attend and I don’t know what to wear. It’s between 3 dresses from Igigi.

Why Igigi?

I’m a long time supporter of the brand because they constantly appeal to the larger plus size woman. As a 22+ woman finding the “Perfect” dress would present a problem if it were not for brands such as Igigi.

Instead of deciding on which dress to wear alone, let’s have a little fun. Below are the dresses that I’m thinking about wearing. In the comment section tell me which dress I should wear and why. To be fair I will wear the dress that the majority decides on.

Plus Size O'Hara Dress in Purple

Plus Size Provence Dress in Olive

Plus Size Renata Dress in Deep Fuchsia

Thanks for being my stylists!

1. Elizabeth

May 16, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Plus Size Renata Dress in Deep Fuchsia
    You have GREAT curves, and this dress let’s more then just your personality shine thru! The color is a great testement to the season as well. You’ll be sure to be the hit of any party in this one!

2. Thanks Elizabeth!

May 16, 2012 at 7:08 pm

4. Ozlem

May 16, 2012 at 7:44 pm

LOL! Being an IGIGI insider, I am naturally biased towards all of them:) However, I am totally and utterly in love with the Renata, and I think you would totally rock that dress!

5. @ayotondy

May 17, 2012 at 12:28 pm

The fushia dress is nice, but I love the yellow one. It depends on if you like your arms out or not!

6. Stacie

May 17, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Oooh wear Renata. That’s sexy!

7. Yoti Kale

May 17, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Here’s my two cents (for what its worth)…I think you would look great in the Renata dress. I like all three but this one in particular looks more like a party dress. Whatever you decide, I hope you have a great time!

8. Limarie

May 17, 2012 at 3:56 pm

All of them are gorgeous but I think youe really would look stunning in the Renta dress! Can’t wait to see pics of you in the dress you decide!

9. Limarie

May 17, 2012 at 3:57 pm

*Renata, oops 😉

10. Valery Amador, Daily Venus Diva

May 17, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Hmmmmm…. what if… you took all three and changed throughout the evening… making a new entrance again each time you donned a new dress!?!?!?!?

11. Terri Jeann

May 17, 2012 at 6:13 pm

The “Plus Size Renata Dress in Deep Fuchsia”. I adore this style, the ruching and the color. When I look at this dress I think of Adele and her sensuous cover of Vogue. I would choose for you to wear this dress and any curvy female. I love it!!!!

12. Shawn

November 9, 2012 at 8:04 am

The Renata, absolutely. I LOVE this dress, I even bought it, unfortunately I am not the right shape for it… there’s just not enough pairs of spanx in the world but oh how I adore it.

Stephanie Penn is the Editor-In-Chief of She spends her days and night finding plus size news to share with you and interacting with the readers. She loves music, writing and anything with a positive vibe to it.

More in Columns

Scantily Had: Curve NY – Lingerie Expo Has Few Offerings For Full-Figured Customers

Catherine SchullerSeptember 7, 2015
Photographer: Tyree Spencer
Company T.S. Photo Designs

Behind the (PLUS) Scenes: Lavender’s Jungle Fashion Playhouse

Nicki LynchApril 7, 2015
Stephanie Penn Guest Judge for Blogger Street Style Competition

Stephanie Penn Guest Judge for Blogger Street Style Competition

Daily Venus DivaJuly 8, 2014
Makeup by CoCo Chatman

The ‘Quick Five’: Actress Erica Watson Interviews Make-up Artist CoCo Chatman

Editor-In-Chief, Stephanie PennMay 21, 2014

The ‘Quick Five’: Actress Erica Watson Interviews Personal Trainer Alonza R. Thornton

Erica WatsonApril 2, 2014
igigi the fresh - plus size dresses

Step into Spring as a Fresh Sophisticate in IGIGI by Yuliya Raquel

Editor-In-Chief, Stephanie PennApril 1, 2014

The ‘Quick Five’: Actress Erica Watson Interviews Graphic Designer Charles Aikerson

Erica WatsonMarch 7, 2014
Teslyn Butler, February 2008

Plus Size Women, We Want To Hear From You!

Editor-In-Chief, Stephanie PennDecember 27, 2013