The heart of a volunteer is not measured in size, but by the depth of the commitment to make a difference in the lives of others. – DeAnn Hollis
FFFWeek™ is currently accepting applications for a limited number of non-paid positions working during Full Figured Fashion Week™ . Volunteer opportunities with FFFWeek™ is rewarding and offers individuals a unique opportunity to assist in breaking the stereotypes that are associated with fashion and plus size women.
Are you passionate about event production and/or plus size fashion? FFFWeek™ 2012 – New York City, currently has Volunteer positions in the following areas:
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Back Stage Operations/Backstage Dressers
- Event Host/Hostess
- Front End Staff
- Social Media (Twitter/Myspace/Facebook)
- Sponsorship Assistants
- Production Assistants
- Executive Assistants (will be directly assisting senior production team members)
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older AND reside in the 5 boros of NYC, Westchester, Long Island or Northern New Jersey. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE
- Must be able to dedicate a minimum of 4-6 hrs per week on or off site, and participate in meetings (usually by phone)
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to utilize various computer software programs like Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Must be familiar and proficient in social networking (Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, etc.)
- Must have a working cellphone and be computer literate (email must be checked frequently)
- Must submit a bio or resume that shows demonstrated experience in area volunteer is applying for
NOTE: Dressers will be required to bring an official dresser’s “kit” to show they are working
- Complimentary event tickets
- Event t-shirts
- Written references
If interested in submitting for any of the above Volunteer positions, please complete the form and attach your resume/bio and a picture (no larger than 5 megabytes) by March 16, 2012.