One of the many traditions that families do this time of year, in preparation for the holiday season, is to take the dreaded family holiday photograph. Remember when your mother dressed you and your siblings up and hauled you to the local department store for your holiday photo? Remember the crazy sweaters that your mother made you wear? This year don’t make the family holiday photograph the typical traumatic experience for your family. Instead plan and prepare to make it a quick and painless process.Ever wonder why those photos don’t seem to turn out the way you expected? This year see if these tips help you take a better holiday photograph.
Prepare the area by choosing a natural location, possibly cover the area with a light colored blanket.
- Make sure that there is adequate lighting you want to avoid using flash when possible.
- Dress your family in light colored clothing. Avoid stripes and loud designs the detail will take away from the picture.
- Using a digital camera? use the highest quality settings possible.
- Planning on using your photo as part of a holiday photo card then make sure you use 300 dpi or better resolution and an image size of at lease 800X1200 pixels
- When saving digital photos use either a JPEG or TIF option.
- Remember keep it simple!
Taking photos of children can be tricky. Announcing that new addition this holiday season or taking photos of older children? Then get some great photos of those little guys. Close-ups are a great way to capture personality. We recommend kneeling down to your child’s level and taking pictures from a variety of angles. One of the neatest things to do is to take pictures of feet and hands and using them as part of your photo holiday card.
Now is the time to start to think about getting your photo holiday card together. This year do something different, send a custom photo holiday card with pictures of your family. The process is simple, first select a high quality photo holiday card from one of the many companies on the web like Doodlebug Dezigns of Holly Springs NC. It normally takes 1 to 2 business days to receive a proof. carefully review your proof before approving to avoid having to pay for reprinting.
About The Author: Amy Ames owns http://www.doodlebugdezigns.com a site devoted to custom photo birth announcements, photo holiday cards, photo wedding invitations, and unique custom stationery.