On her popular blog, Restaurant Girl (www.restaurantgirl.com), former restaurant critic for the New York Daily News and girl about town Danyelle Freeman unconditionally volunteers her taste buds so her readers don’t have to waste time on subpar meals ever again.
TRY THIS: Traveling the Globe Without Leaving the Table allows Danyelle Freeman to put her years of tasting food in the form of a book that can accompany you through life. It empowers readers to treat eating out as an adventure, and to discover new foods and favorites. Whether exploring restaurants in your own hometown, in other U.S. cities, or abroad.
TRY THIS is described as a lively, charming, and witty guide to the ever growing array of answers to the question: “What should we eat tonight?
What will you find in this indispensable guide to food:
- Primers on various cuisines, including Cuban, Korean, Indian, Italian, and much, much more.
- Fun interstitials: Interspersed within chapters are “Tasty Morsels,” sidebars that give additional background on the cuisine she is featuring, such as the secret history of Pad Thai noodles, or the origins of the Daiquiri cocktail.
- Her opinion on manners, including everything from cell phones and blackberries at the table, to dressing up or down, punctuality, eating with your hands, and sharing (she calls this chapter “Dinner Table Crimes and Misdemeanors”)
- How to master a restaurant, and not have it master you: How to score a reservation, get the best seat in the house, and more advice from restaurant world insiders
- Dating and dining out: In the book’s Introduction, Danyelle explains, “Eating out is a little bit like sex. Once you get the hang of it, you can’t get enough.” She also believes that you can tell a lot about a person by having dinner with them. Sharing a meal is the perfect way to share the pleasure of food and discover whether you’ve met your culinary mate.
You might also like
More from Food and Dining
It’s that very special time of the year when many Americans are receiving invitations to their annual office holiday party. …
The ONLY Sweet Potato Pie You Need This Holiday Season!I love a hilariously funny Youtube video, especially one that's entertaining …
Coffee has been a morning staple all of my adult life.Since the age of 18, I’ve started my work day …