Cover Models

Angie Stone Opens Up About Life, Blessings & Her Future

Angie Stone Opens Up About Life, Blessings & Her Future
Daily Venus Diva

Venus Diva magazine has always been about celebrating the beauty of a woman with curves. Embracing the accomplishments we achieve in our day to day lives. This motto does not exclude our ‘curvy’ celebrities. Plus size women celebrities have it real tough man. But its nothing they can’t handle.

I have adored Angie Stone since I saw her video for my all time favorite song, ‘ Wish I Didn’t Miss You’. I cannot tell you how many times I played that song over and over in my home. Never in my wildest dreams would I imagine me working with her on this amazing interview. But here I am…with you… and our beautiful Angie….

We sat down, shared laughs and spoke of it all. We realized we had more in common and this encouraged a great new friendship. She was sensitive to me developing type 2 Diabetes after the birth of my daughter.

We are both curvy women, mothers and diabetic patients. I was sensitive to the lost of her best-friend, her father. He was there the day she was diagnosed with diabetes. He reassured her that all would be good. He passed later on that year but she made a promise to him, that she will beat this illness.

What are you working on right now with your album?

Olga, I am out darling. Heading out to my beautiful Africa to tour and support my community. A place I dreamed of visiting for the longest of times.

Can you tell us about your fifth studio album ‘Unexpected’? By the way my favorite song of this album is ‘I Aint’ Hearing You’.

Unexpected is close to my heart. I was recording this album and half way through my father suddenly passed away. Leaving me crushed and lost but his spirit was with me and he didn’t raise no quitter. I was inspired to make this my best work ever and the title comes from his unexpected death.

It is a whole new Angie you will hear in this album. I didn’t want to sound repetitive so I got a more dancing rhythm going on here, more festive even.

Your smile is amazing, and what is behind that smile??

I am for the first time in a long time in total control of my health. I look and feel more fit, because being diabetic I need to have my weight under control. I recently found out my family was filled with closet eaters and diabetes runs strong in my family. I took full charge of my kitchen, the foods that come in or out of my home.

What projects are you working on for 2011?

I got two movies ‘Boulevard West & Protocol‘ , and a television show called ‘Ancestors’ [that I’m working on]. I enjoy different challenges and acting is a whole new world that I a just loving. It gives me another source to share with my fans and supporters.

Angie, can you describe Thanksgiving day in your home?

Girl, I cooked the most delicious turkey. We didn’t do the ham this year. We missed it but its all about moderation. Maybe next year? My home was filled with laughter and warm embraces over a dinner cooked with love from me to them.

Do you have a New Year Resolutions?

I want this one to be different. I would like to make one as a family group effort. I want my family to be more health conscience.

Angie thanks for this great interview and for being a prime example that curvy women belong in the entertainment business.

To all of our must enjoy this album for yourselves..

**This interview was possible through Kevin Benoit. The man with a million connections!!!! Muah.

All images compliments of

Photo Credits: Kevin Goolsby Photography

1. Limarie

December 1, 2010 at 3:09 pm

This was such a great interview Olga and what a nice surprise to see Angie as our Venus Diva Cover Model…..Gorgeous smile!

2. Olga

December 1, 2010 at 1:22 pm

Angie was amazing and truly loves her fans.

3. Tawnee

December 1, 2010 at 10:04 pm

Great interview. It’s great on a photography stand point that she was not just shot from the neck up as Essence has done. Keep giving us great journalism

4. Terry, Jr.

December 1, 2010 at 11:28 pm

That was a great piece, Olga!!! And Angie’s as beautiful as ever!!! :) :) :)

5. Robin Guinn

December 2, 2010 at 12:18 am

I enjoy the interview it was very encouraging, take control of your health is a must. Angie look so beautiful , keep up the great work on your healthy journey.

6. Olga

December 1, 2010 at 10:27 pm

Thanks. I am working as a celebrity columnist for Parle magazine. Love all of my jobs and titles. I got more celebrities lined up!!

!Curvy hugs,

7. Olga

December 2, 2010 at 2:45 pm

Aww, thank you all for the love and support.
    It means so much to me.

Curvy hugs,

8. ola

December 12, 2010 at 2:48 pm

I loooove Angie. I think she’s one of the greats of her generation even though she is criminally underated. I love that she looks great with hr weight loss.

9. Olga

December 13, 2010 at 12:33 am

Hi Ola,
    So happy to hear that you enjoyed this feature.

Cover Models
Daily Venus Diva

Daily Venus Diva is a daily lifestyle destination for plus size women featuring everything curvy girls need to live a well-rounded life! Published online by V.I.E. Thrive, our editors bring stories by, for and about women with curves; clothing and style advice; inspiration; dating and relationship advice; Beauty tips and trends; Healthy lifestyle options; Home, family, money, media, travel and much more!

More in Cover Models

November 2015 Cover Model: Monif Clarke Reflects On Ten Year Anniversary In Plus-Size Fashion

Editor-In-Chief, Stephanie PennNovember 1, 2015

Oct./Nov. 2015 Cover Model: Jes Baker Talks New Book & Body Advocacy

Editor-In-Chief, Stephanie PennOctober 2, 2015

August 2015 Cover Model: Erica Watson Talks Working With Lee Daniels, Plus Industry Hot Topics & What’s Next On Her Agenda

Editor-In-Chief, Stephanie PennAugust 3, 2015